Folkestone Harbour viaduct was built in 1843 by the South Eastern Railway Company, and was designed by William Cubitt, Chief Engineer of the line. The structure crosses the harbour with 13 arches. The current steel swing bridge replaced the orginal  timber bridge in 1930. In its heyday, this viaduct carried the Boat trains from London to Folkestone Harbour station, connecting via boat to Boulogne-sur-Mer, France. Since the Channel tunnel has opened, ferry traffic has receeded, and the harbour station has fallen out of us. This has allowed the reuse of the Viaduct as a new public and pedestrian space, linking the Old High Street to the Harbour arm. Work is ongoing to transform the Harbour Station, which is scheduled to open to pedestrians in October.

Watch drone footage: Link
Credits: Freddie Lee Thompson